General Sports internships provide the opportunity to have an inside view into executive level operations. As a growing company, interns are given the unique experience of contributing to the development of General Sports through various assignments that involve creativity and problem-solving.
Interns utilize and develop computer, sales and marketing, and communication skills within the sports and entertainment industry. General Sports offers one of the best networking opportunities in the industry. Our team has over 50 years of collective sports experience at a multitude of different organizations encompassing all of the major sports leagues and more.
At General Sports, interns are able to have a direct influence on the company’s growth and its development. Interns assist in the day to day tasks that keep the company operating. Some of these tasks include:
- Create and maintain databases that reference top businesses, sports properties, potential sponsors, etc.
- Prospecting new leads
- Designing proposals and other marketing materials choosing its format and appearance
- Assist in all phases of the event management process
- Internet research
- Work with software programs including Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Outlook, etc.
- Provide support to executive staff as needed.
Some qualities that General Sports looks for in an intern include:
- Comfortable and confident on the phone Ability to prospect new leads
- Proficient with MS Office
- An interest in working in the sports and entertainment field
General Sports hires interns year-round. A typical internship runs for about three months, but we are flexible depending on the intern’s schedule. Here is a breakdown of the tentative internship periods:
Summer: June – August
Winter: December – February
Spring: March – May
We typically begin the interview process two months prior to the period start date. All internships are unpaid. We hire both full-time and part-time interns. Receiving school credit is not a requirement.
WHO TO CONTACT
If you are interested in completing an internship at General Sports & Entertainment, please send your resume to:
Director of Sales and Marketing
General Sports and Entertainment, LLC
P: (248) 601-2200 x118￼